There have been a few questions come up in conversations recently inquiring about the FFA Futsal Review. Below we have some summary information for those of you who are interested, courtesy of Frank Rossi.
Its the intention of FFA to conduct an independent national review of Futsal. This review is a key undertaking in the process of producing a dedicated Futsal Development Plan, a stated objective in the FFA National Football Development Plan which was released some time ago. In that document – It is Football Federation Australia’s stated aim to further develop the game of Futsal in Australia.
To achieve that aim FFA has engaged Sport Business Partners (SBP), a sport business consultancy firm based in Melbourne, to undertake an independent national review of Futsal.
The Review Objectives are to conduct an independent review of the national structure and governance of Futsal operations and that of its Member Federations for the purpose of preparing a dedicated Futsal Development Plan and The Review deliverables are as follows:
- Provide a detailed description and analysis of the current arrangements for the delivery of Futsal in Australia including the roles of key stakeholders;
- Describe and analyse how Futsal should be delivered, having regard to stakeholder feedback and best practice principles and practices;
- Identify gaps between the current and preferred arrangements for the delivery of Futsal, which, if not remedied, will impede the sport’s ability to achieve the goals outlined in the FFA’s NFDP;
- Recommend changes to remedy any gaps identified;
- Propose a strategy for the adoption and implementation of the report’s recommendations; and
- Brief key stakeholders on the report findings and recommendations and obtain feedback.
The intended time frame will have a final report of the Review by 28 November 2008 with a presentation to the FFA Board and key stakeholders by 5 December 2008. Completion of an addendum to the final report following post-report consultations by 20 December 2008.
Consultations will involve, but are not limited to, the following:
- FFA Futsal Standing Committee members.
- Member Federation’s CEO’s.
- Member Federation’s dedicated Futsal personnel, including Outdoor and Futsal Coach and Refereeing Development Managers.
- National sampling of Local Government and Commercial Futsal providers.
- National sampling of outdoor FFA football clubs and players.
- National sampling of FFA Futsal players.
- FFA National Technical Director, National Refereeing Manager and National Coach Education Manager.
- International Research, benchmarking top Futsal ranked nations.