Vikings Futsal NZ invites applications for the position of Vikings Futsal NZ National Teams Coach.
Futsal is one of the fastest growing games in the world and we at Vikings Futsal NZ are looking to continue to build the game in New Zealand.
The objective of the National Teams Coach is to prepare the National Men and women for upcoming International Events. This position can be expanded for the right candidate to include the role of NZ Director of Coaching, which will see the candidate delivering Futsal coaching courses and resources.
This would be a challenging role for someone who wishes to further his career within the game of Futsal.
Job title: Vikings Futsal NZ National Teams Coach
Reports to: Vikings Futsal NZ CEO
Remuneration: Remuneration negotiated based on experience and role
Roles and Responsibilities:
Prepare the Vikings Futsal NZ National Men and Women for up coming international tournaments. Assist in the preparation of all age group sides attending tournaments or touring to various countries. Communicate with Vikings Futsal Director of Coaching.
As previously mentioned, the position could be extended to include delivering Futsal coaching courses to Futsal coaches and teachers and provide resource material online.
This will include:
- Planning the overall programme and preparation of the National Teams for Tournaments;
- Evaluating and monitoring progress in all areas of player development, including goal setting and individual team targets;
- Establishing a programme of physical conditioning for all players;
- Selecting squad and team members in accordance with Vikings Futsal NZ selection policy;
- Taking coaching sessions and/or instructing Assistant Coach to take coaching sessions, with the team;
- Ensuring appropriate coaching is provided in specialist areas;
- Ensuring full preparation in areas such as mental, motivational, and nutritional, in conjunction with available experts.
The applicant should have the following experience and qualifications:
- A high level of Futsal coaching experience, (international an advantage);
- Recognised Futsal coaching qualifications/experience.
- Leadership – leading positively by example;
- Communication – effective communicator proficient in English;
- Interpersonal – working successfully with a variety of personalities;
- Management – ability to maximise available resources;
- Motivational – ability to motivate and achieve excellence.
The ideal candidate will need to be part of or willing to become part of the Vikings Futsal network. This will include attracting new teams/players to Vikings competitions and leagues, assisting in establishing new leagues and following all Vikings Futsal NZ ethos.
If you have the relevant experience and are ready for a challenging opportunity, please send your application, together with your curriculum vitae, to Vikings Futsal NZ Coach
PO Box 38139, Parklands Christchurch
fax to +64 3 383 8286
Applications close on 5th December 2008
Source : Vikings Futsal NZ
Published : 7/11/2008