Futsal4all has been given a copy of a recent letter sent to Clubs and Centres from Football NSW from the CEO Mike Quarmby in regards to Vikings, and the sport of Futsal within NSW.
We now reproduce the contents of it below :
6th July 2009
Dear Futsal Clubs/Centres
The Board of Football NSW resolved in March 2009, to form a working party to review Futsal. The main objective of the working party is to review the current Futsal structure, develop a strategy to promote, develop and move the game forward.
The original working party included a representative of the Vikings and the CEO of PCYC. This gave these two organisations an opportunity to have a key role in helping to develop the sport.
During the meeting process the Vikings indicated that their main interest was in regional NSW in terms of Centres, Football NSW agreed to fund up to 2 Development Officers to assist this organisation in regional NSW and to assist other centres in the metropolitan area.
This was initially agreed to by Vikings but now they have advised the working party that they want to have their fees further reduced for the metropolitan area. Football NSW is unable to reduce fees any further in the metropolitan area for Vikings as Football NSW feel the fees should be the same for all centres/clubs in the metropolitan area and the Football NSW budget would incur a further loss.
Our objective was to have the sport under one banner in NSW. The working party made all efforts to make this happen. Unfortunately, the only major challenge was the Vikings ensuring their bottom line. Therefore, Vikings and PCYC, by their own choice to not come under the banner of Football NSW, will no longer be part of the working party or Football NSW.
Football NSW is committed to the development and expansion of the sport and we will have a budgeted loss next year to help these endeavours.
They include :-
- 20% reduction in registration fees
- FIFA and FFA recognised State and National Championship and development pathways
- Coach Accreditation
- Promotion of the sport
- National Television (Football Stars of Tomorrow)
- Media Coverage – Local Papers
- Production of promotional material
- AFC Futsal Championships
- Well covered insurance for Centres, Players and Officials
- being part of the largest sporting organisation in the Country
- State and National exposure of the Premier League and Super League competitions
- Football NSW will employ Development Officers to work with Centres in maximising their Futsal requirements. One initiative will be by way of working with our outdoor associations and getting their support. Another is we are working with our insurers to facilitate next season, that no outdoor players who want to play Futsal will have to pay insurance. This will lead to a further reduction in membership costs.
- It is also vitally important to protect your business and through the standing committee they will be responsible to help limit competition to you by those centres not affiliated to Football NSW
- Bi-monthly meetings will be convened with Centres to go over issues as well as new initiatives.
- Form a working party with representatives from Premier League & Super League Clubs to review the competition and provide feed back to FNSW.
- Developing accredited Coaches who can hold Coaching Certificate courses at various venues.
In summary, you are part of the Football Family, and through Football NSW, the only endorsed pathway.
Further, it is interesting that Vikings charge approximately $90.00 for an adult in Queensland and when asked why only $55 in NSW I was informed “because we have to be competitive with you”.
A meeting is being convened in early August with Centres and Clubs at which I will further discuss our initiaitives for you and the sports.
Chief Executive Office
Note : The original Letter can be seen here (PDF)