Worth around $14K for 15 hours a week August to Jan
The Futsal Technical Assistant will work with the Technical Director to coordinate and manage the Futsal high performance and representative squad program. The job includes the implementation and communication of a Futsal coaching curriculum and working with the Game Development Manager to deliver specific Futsal coach education and related activities.
It is anticipated that the contract position will entail an average of 15 hours per week, including weekend work and the Futsal national championships in January in Canberra. The contract fee will be around $14K.
Applicants must address the selection criteria and submit applications by 8 July to General Manager, [email protected]
Futsal Technical Assistant (PDF contents also shown below)
Job Title: Futsal Technical Assistant (as at 15 June 2011)
(contract based on average of 15hpw for approximately $13K from August 2011 to 29 January 2012 incorporating the FFA Futsal National Championships.)
Reporting to: Technical Director (primary)
Futsal League Manager (secondary)
Effectively coordinate and manage the Futsal high performance and representative squad program under the direction of the Capital Football Technical Director.
Oversee the implementation and communication of a Futsal coaching curriculum plan for Futsal HP and rep squads.
Work with the Game Development Manager to deliver specific coach education and related activities where appropriate.
Coordinate the selection and appointment of ACT representative coaches and other personnel for the FFA national Futsal championships.
Coordinate and finalise the trial and selection process for players in each of the ACT Futsal representative squads.
Work with the High Performance Manager to coordinate the purchase, delivery and distribution of uniforms for ACT Futsal squads.
Liaise with the Futsal League Manager on the booking of venues for ACT Futsal squads.
Work with the High Performance Manager to collate and maintain a database of relevant information on all players and staff associated with the Futsal squads.
Deliver and manage effective and timely communication with coaches, players, clubs and parents on player selections and other matters associated with the ACT Futsal squads.
Assist the TD with the management of the High Performance Futsal budget.
Assist the HP Manager with the invoicing and collection of payments for ACT Futsal players.
Assist the TD to manage the strategic direction, implementation and communication of a Futsal technical plan for Capital Football.
Provide regular and high quality information on ACT Futsal representative and high performance activities including:
- provision of training programs;
- arrangements for non competition fixtures;
- National Championship updates; and
- website management.
Planning and promotion tasks:
Develop an annual calendar of Futsal representative squad and high performance activities for approval by the TD and CEO.
Work with the TD and GDM to develop a Futsal curriculum for technical programs.
Maintain a database of participants involved in trials and final squad selections.
Take reasonable steps and care to ensure the safety and protection of players and other Futsal personnel at all times.
Work with the GDM to improve the education and technical expertise of representative coaches.
Administration and communication tasks:
Manage the selection and appointment of Futsal representative squad personnel.
Maintain effective communication with Futsal coaches and managers on matters such as arrangements for training, practice matches and championships.
Assist with the publication of information for players, parents, clubs and others associated with the Futsal representative squad and high performance programs.
Coordinate the completion and return of all paperwork and administrative tasks as delegated by the TD or requested by the HP Manager.
Implement Capital Football policies in regard to personal behaviour and conduct, as well as elite player development.
Provide monthly reports to the TD on the Futsal representative and high performance programs as well as other technical matters relevant to Futsal.
Maintain liaison with the TD, Futsal League Manager, HP Manager and GDM.
Knowledge and skills
- Proven ability to efficiently manage and organise sport programs.
- Sound knowledge of FFA national player development programs and policies and coach education standards.
- Experience of coordinating or delivering coach education and technical programs.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills especially with coaches.
- Ability to work effectively at operational and strategic level.
- Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Futsal representative programs and opportunities.
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to liaise with and foster close cooperation with a diverse group of people including club representatives.
- Highly developed organisational, problem solving and strategic planning abilities.
- Flexible approach to delivery of outcomes and an open mind.
- FFA Senior License (preferred).
- Relevant Futsal coaching experience and/or Futsal coaching qualifications.
- High level computer skills and a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and website management.
- Completion of Football Member Protection Declaration, Working With Children Check and/or Police Check – compulsory.
Applications addressing the selection criteria for the above position close on 8 July
and should be submitted to [email protected].