In a very exciting time for football in New Zealand and a rapid growth and improvement in the sport of futsal under the auspices of New Zealand Football, NZF calls on applications for the head coaching role of the New Zealand national futsal team (Futsal Whites) .
The successful applicants will become part of an integrated NZF high performance program working towards common goals. Applicants are required to include a cover letter stating their suitability for the role and their resume.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Friday 3rd February 2012 and can be submitted to Tracy Brady at email@example.com. Job descriptions can be downloaded from the vacancies page of the NZ Football website (or click here for it directly. We have also included it below)
Job Description: New Zealand Football Futsal Whites Head Coach
Reports to: Futsal Development Manager / High Performance Committee
Direct Reports: None
Salary: Honorarium (plus expenses)
Roles & Responsibilities:
In liaison with the New Zealand Football-Futsal (NZF-Futsal) Development Manager and the NZF High Performance Committee (HPC), the New Zealand Football futsal men¡¦s national team Head Coach will have overall responsibility for the planning, implementation and continual improvement of the programme for the NZF-Futsal Men¡¦s National Team (Futsal Whites). This will include:
- Planning the overall programme;
- Evaluating and monitoring progress in all areas of player development, including goal setting with individual and team targets;
- Establishing a programme of physical conditioning for all players;
- Establishing an appropriate competitive programme, including regular games and appropriate competition;
- Selecting squad and team members;
- Appointing and supporting ancillary staff in conjunction with the HPC, including assistant coaches (where appropriate), management and medical staff;
- Taking coaching sessions with the team;
- Ensuring appropriate coaching is provided in specialist areas;
- Planning full preparation in ¡§non-physical¡¨ areas such as mental, motivational, nutrition etc;
- Advisory role for establishment and operation of regional academy structure;
- Liaison with schools, clubs and federations;
- Talent identification and development, including feeder squads.
Required Experience & Qualifications
The Futsal Whites Head Coach should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Very strong coaching background, preferably with national and/ or international futsal experience;
- FIFA/ OFC Futsal Level One Coaching License;
- Experience in developing annual plans for the preparation of teams;
- Strong background of drawing on the expertise of specialists in areas such as exercise physiology;
- Experience of leading, or working as part of, an interdisciplinary support team.
In addition to the requisite skills in relation to coaching, the Futsal Whites Head Coach will possess highly developed interpersonal and people skills, to ensure the establishment of successful partnerships with all relevant stakeholders, both within the sport and outside the sport.
Specifically, the following skills are vitally important:
- Leadership – leading positively, by example;
- Communication – active, regular, effective communicator;
- Interpersonal Relationships – working successfully with people;
- Management – effective skills.
At a personal level, the successful applicant will have demonstrated a strong awareness of world¡¦s best practice in coaching, and have shown personal motivation to achieve excellence in all areas, through drawing on the expertise of others and engaging in continual independent research and evaluation.
Applications close Friday 3rd February, 2012 and can be submitted to Tracy Brady at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: As part of the team¡¦s preparation the successful applicant will be required to attend the ASB Futsal National League Series 2 in Auckland from 11-12 February and Series 3 in Wellington on 17-18 March for player selection purposes.