Challenge the Dural Warriors and win up to $4000! Six chances to challenge them.
To promote a Futsal series of matches to all comers with prize money going to the winner. Teams are invited to compete against the Dural Warriors Men’s team for prize money with odds of 2 to 1 in favour of the Challenging team.
Apart from the 2012 F League, there is currently no competition in Australia where Futsal matches are played on international sized courts to FIFA rules. In the last three AFC Championships Australia has not progressed beyond the quarter finals. This is not enough to qualify for the FIFA World Cup when only the semi finalist qualify.
The primary objectives are to :
- To expose football players to the value of Futsal.
- Establish Futsal as a recognised indoor sport in Australia.
- To provide opportunities for players to experience playing Futsal to international rules on international sized pitches.
- Establish a relatively lost cost method of enabling futsal players to be financially rewarded for their efforts.
- Build a “Marketable Product” so that opportunities for Sponsorships, Television exposure are given a solid foundation for the future.
- Home team is the Dural Warriors Men’s team.
- Venue is the Dural Sport and Leisure Centre, Pellitt Lane Dural.
- Season from end June – mid September 2012.
- Maximum of 6 matches to be scheduled.
- Matches to be held on weeknights at 8.00pm. Nights to be agreed but is most likely on Friday night.
- FIFA Futsal Laws of the Game “International rules” will apply to all matches with the exception that only 3 referees to be used instead of 4.
- The Futsal Laws of the Game can be found on fifa.com
- Teams can apply for a challenge match with odds of 2 to 1 in favour of the challenging team. The Challenging team can choose a stake of between $1,000.00 to $2,000.00 for a prize money of between $2,000.00 and $4,000.00.
- Closing date for entries to be 6 June 2012. All successful teams will be notified of their match date by the 30 June 2012. All successful teams must forward a refundable deposit of $500.00 in the form of a cheque to guarantee their appearance on the match date. The cheque must be received at least 10 days before the match is scheduled. Upon appearance on the match date with a minimum number of 7 players, the cheque will be returned to the Challenging team.
- On the day of the match, the prize money will be held by an agreed Stakeholder. The prize money will be in the form of cheques made out to cash by both teams. At the conclusion of the match, the winning team will be awarded the prize money. If a match is drawn, no prize money will be paid to either team and the cheques returned to the respective teams.
- Should more than 6 teams wish to challenge, than challenges will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
- There will be no spectator admission fees.
- Players must be registered with Football New South Wales and be currently financial.
- No card, no play
- Referees will be registered with Football New South Wales Referees Association.
- Entries will close on the 6 June 2012 at 179 Burns Road, Turramurra NSW 2074, or by email
- Click here for the official entry form (DOCX)
- Enquiries to Mark Seeto [email protected] mobile 0417 691 988