A good insight from the NSW Premier League club on what it costs them to be part of the NSW Premier League
Another futsal season and the money worries are on again. Like all sporting clubs Quake struggles to make ends meet whilst always endeavoring to provide the best environment it can for its players to shine. Each year is always a battle – we start with next to nothing in the bank and finish with next to nothing in the bank. This year we’re charging up to $450 for rego fees but this comes nowhere near covering our costs. So that you have an idea of how we make ends, let’s look at where all the money goes.
Did you know:
Our operating costs will be $55,000 this year?
- Court hire costs will be a minimum of $22,500?
- FNSW fees will be $11,000?
- Referees fees will be $4,000?
- Playing strip, balls and other kit will cost $13,900?
- Trophies, bank, postage and other fees will be $3,600?
- And that we only collect $44,000 in registration fees?
So you can see there are a lot of expenses and not all of them are covered by registration fees. Thankfully we have generous sponsors who help out and we have a few other fund raising events like the Presentation and Quiz Nights that get us over the line.
It’s not cheap running a futsal club. But we always try to make playing the game at Premier League level accessible as possible.