The preliminary squad for the Women’s World Cup to be held in Columbia this November was today announced by Head Coach Mike Bushe.
The squad was selected from the just played National Titles played in Sydney.
- Amanda Harotas NSW City South
- Beth Sweeney NSW City North
- Britt Hargreaves FarNNSW City
- Brook Cowie NSW City South
- Caitlin Jarvie NSW City South
- Caitlyn Pattie NSW Southern
- Catey Wylie-Obrien VIC City
- Chloe Drinoczsky VIC City
- Ellen Wheatley NSW City North
- Fabiana Perfilio NSW City South
- Gabrielle Zgrajewski QLD City
- Isabella Walker NSW City North
- Jade Baker QLD Metro
- Jade Banks QLD City
- Jasmin Kent QLD City
- Jo Burgess QLD City
- Jodie Bain NSW City South
- Jodie Hammond QLD City
- Kate Lutkins QLD City
- Kirsten McGilvray NNSW City
- Marie Van Der Wielen NSW City West
- Melissa Khoury NSW City South
- Natalie Mueller QLD City
- Nicola Drakopoulos NSW City North
- Nicole Campbell WA West Coast
- Rebecca McKellar NSW City North
- Rhali Dobson NNSW City
- Sarah Richardson VIC City
- Serena Conyngham QLD City
- Tamara Nash NSW Southern
- Tiarn Powell NSW City North
They will attend a training camp in Sydney Friday 22nd February to Sunday 24th where the final team will be selected. In preparation for the World Cup there will be further camps in April, August and October , a series of games against New Zealand and a training camp and games in the USA before moving on to Columbia.
This year’s World Cup will see 16 teams take part over a week long tournament representing Europe, Africa,Asia, Oceania and North and South America.
AMF, the international futsal organisation, have also announced the under 20′s Men’s World Cup for Spain next year and the Men’s World Cup for Russia in 2015.