The 2013 Football NSW Futsal Premier and Super League Awards evening took place at the Mounties Club on Friday 15th of March as the sport celebrated winners from all categories in what was a memorable evening.
Senior players in eye-catching attire and juniors in smart outfits and beautiful dresses mingled comfortably with Football NSW officials as the state Futsal community banded together to congratulate this year’s award winners.
All clubs were well represented and combined terrifically for a spirited atmosphere at the formal event, exemplified by mannered kids, proud parents and a sense of camaraderie.
Football NSW Chairman Greg O’Rourke and Football NSW CEO Eddie Moore were delighted with the season that was, delivering a warm welcome to all guests as both applauded this year’s competitions as the best yet as well as two Life Members in Wendy Thomas and Dawn Gilligan.
Fox Sports presenter Simon Hill was the Master of Ceremonies who, throughout the evening, highlighted the importance of Futsal in Australia and was accompanied by a couple of Futsalroos players currently playing in the Premier League competition with the likes of Tobias Seeto, Daniel Fogarty, Nathan Niski, Lachlan Wright, Christopher Zeballos, Greg Giovenali as well as head coach Steven Knight.
It was a fantastic seasons involved by all with the sport especially coming back from the recent success the Australian Futsalroos enjoyed in this year’s World Cup whereby the majority of the squad hailed from the NSW Futsal Premier League.
Of the award winners, promising young whistleblower Jessie Sapsed took out the ‘Mario Mazzeo’ Young Referee of the Year plaudit while Darius Turner took out the Referee of the Year Award.
In the coaching departments, GWS Vikings Ian Fuller took out the Coach of the Year award in the Super League while Mascot Vipers’ Zvi Ben David took out that category in the Premier League.
In the club departments it was an outstanding season by Super League side Mountain Majik and Premier League side Inner West Magic who both bagged Club Championship honours.
The Media Award went to well know Futsal website Futsal4all who have been promoting the ever popular sport through the 2012-2013 season.
Club Person awards for both the Premier and Super Leagues were also awarded to the hard work and efforts of many of these volunteers who week in week out assisted with the running of their respective clubs.
Onto the players category in the Super League and Hills Brumbies’ Jessica Elliot picked up the Open Women’s Player of the Year while in the Men’s West City Crusaders FC’s Benjamin Lam picked up the accolade for what was a sterling year from the talented player – awards were also given to players in the lower age groups with their names displayed in the list of winners below.
In the Premier League, Mascot Vipers’ Doris Osman picked up the Open Women’s Player of the Year award while Boomerang F.S.’s Daniel Fulton claimed the crown of the Open Men’s Player of the Year winner – awards were also given to players in the lower age groups with their names displayed in the list of winners below.
List of Award winners for 2013
Club Person Super League
- Christine Wright – Mt Druitt Town Rangers
- Janette Smith West City Crusaders FC
- David logozzo GWS Vikings
- Bobby Mazevski South Coast Taipans
- Dijana Harris Botany Bay Pirates
- Mark Lewin Sutherland Shire
- Elizabeth Gestier Phoenix Futsal club
Club Person Premier League
- Harry Avgoustou & Mia Plessas Mascot Vipers
- Jodie Pollicina Inner West Magic
- Lisa Philips Dural Warriors
- Tom Howell Campbeltown Quake
- Demanie Castro & Catherine Castaneda Enfield Rovers
Mario Mazzeo Award (Young Referee of the Year) : Jessie Sapsed
Referee of the Year : Darius Turner
Super League Club Champions : Mountain Majik
Premier League Club Champions : Inner West Magic
Super League Coach of the Year : Ian Fuller GWS Vikings
Premier League Coach of the Year : Zvi Ben David Mascot Vipers
Media Award : Futsal4all
Super League Players of the Year
- 12 boys Matthew Crossley Mountain Majik
- 12 girls Olivia Hardaker Mountain Majik
- 14 boys Matthew Lecce Botany Bay Pirates
- 14 girls Jacqueline Anyon-Smith Mountain Majik
- 16 boys Jamie Dib Mountain Majik
- 16 girls Beth Watling GWS Vikings
- Youth Men Tobias Elliot Orr & Mervan Cakal Mountain Majik & Mt Druitt Town Rangers
- Open Women Jessica Elliot Hills Brumbies
- Open Men Benjamin Lam West City Crusaders FC
Premier League Player of the Year
- 12 boys Brodie Clarkson Inner West Magic
- 12 girls Bethany Gordon Dural Warriors
- 14 boys Daniel Arzani Mascot Vipers
- 14 girls Georgia Plessas Mascot Vipers
- 16 boys Alexander Vlismas Enfield Rovers
- 16 girls Erin Hill Mascot Vipers
- Youth Men Sam Perre Sydney City Eagles
- Women Doris Osman Mascot Vipers
- Men’s Daniel Fulton Boomerangs F.S