Football Federation Victoria is pleased to announce trials for Victorian representative squads competing in the 2014 National Futsal Championships.
2014 FFA National Futsal Championships
Monday 13 January – Friday 17 January 2012
The 35th FFA National Futsal Championships will be held in Canberra, hosted by Capital Football in conjunction with Football Federation Australia.
FFV will be selecting a team in each of the following age groups:
- Boys: 12s, 14s, 16s, Youth and Open Men
- Girls: 12s, 14s, 16s, Youth and Open Women
All players who wish to trial must register by close of business Wednesday September 4.
To register click here: https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/32178151002946
Late registrations will not be accepted as players will have been given 4 weeks time to register.
Players must attend both scheduled trials. Only a valid medical certificate will be accepted for players who fail to attend trials but did register.
Please note: players are not permitted to wear any FFV uniforms at trials. This includes uniforms from other FFV programs. Players should wear club attire or generic sporting attire.
PLAYING / TRIALING UP AN AGE GROUP
All players in the 12s, 14s and 16s age groups will only be permitted to trial for their own age group and not trial up an age group. As these age groups are the same as the Victorian Futsal Premier League there should be sufficient talent in each of these age groups to select a competitive squad.
Youth Men and Youth Women will be permitted to trial for their respective Open teams, however no guarantee can be made that should they be unsuccessful, a spot for them in their original age group will be available. It is strongly recommended that they trial for both age groups to avoid disappointment.
In keeping with other FFV Talented Player programs, FFV will appoint a selection panel for each age group which will comprise of the appointed team coaches, the Head Coach, and any other suitable coaches as required.
- Potential of the player, in the selection panel’s discretion, to perform well in the National Futsal Championships, and to represent the Qantas Futsalroos (Open Men Squad only)
- Ability of the player to perform football skills to a high level as described in FFA National Curriculum;
- Running with the ball, Striking the ball, First touch, 1v1, two footedness
- Game understanding and cleverness
- Eagerness and perseverance
- Adequate fitness and athleticism of the player;
- Agility, balance and coordination
- Potential to be socially compatible and display a sense of ‘team ethic’ within the squad/team;
- Receptiveness to coaching;
- Commitment by the player to the trial sessions, training sessions and any representative requirements;
- Evidence of a positive attitude to training and commitment to becoming an elite football player;
- Evidence of a desire to succeed in both Futsal/Football and personal development.
TRIAL DATES AND ELIGIBILITY
All squads (including train-ons) will be announced by Monday October 7 via email.
COST and TOUR ARRAGEMENTS
At this stage, the estimated cost of the program and tour for selected players will be as follows:
12s, 14s and 16s (Boys and Girls) $2000 approx.
This includes court bookings, coaching equipment, administration, coach payments, apparel, team entry fees, as well as tour costs such as flights, vehicle hire, meals, accommodation, recovery and physiotherapy.
Players will be supervised and cared for at all times by experienced FFV staff and coaches for the entire duration of the tour. There will be very little parent contact during this time should parents wish to travel up for Nationals. Players will fly up and back as a squad and stay together as a squad. The Australian Institute of Sport will provide players with experience of world class facilities, and they will have the opportunity to rub shoulders with the best athletes in the country.
Youth and Open (Men and Women) $900 approx.
This includes court bookings, coaching equipment, administration, coach payments, apparel, team entry fees, as well as tour costs such as physiotherapy.
Coaching staff for these squads will coordinate their own travel, accommodation and meal arrangements with selected players and not form part of the FFV tour.
TRAINING SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Selected players will be required to attend all scheduled training sessions as per below. Some additional training may be organised on non-training weekends, weeknights and in early January 2014, but this will be squad specific and outlined closer to the time. The schedule below shows each team’s key training dates. More information on the program and tour will be provided in due course to selected players.